Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 24 - Back on the Bike

I mentioned yesterday that I finally got my replacement speed/cadence sensor from Garmin, but realized I had a broken spoke.  Well, I got my bike back from the shop today, good as new.  So, I finally got to get the real bike workout that I've been missing.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie.  Lisa and I met have met with separate trainers at Lifetime Fitness, and both have mentioned adding raw egg to our morning smoothies, so we decided to do that today.  This seemed pretty weird to both of us, but we gave it a try anyway.  I threw 2 eggs in the blender, so basically we each had one mixed in with our serving of smoothie.  It didn't add any taste, and didn't seem to change the texture.  And supposedly, it adds a lot more protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, and other good stuff to our body.  I don't know.  I didn't throw up, which I guess is a plus.
  • Lunch:  Box lunch at work.  Turkey sandwich, chips and a pickle.  Unfortunately, this meant no walking today.
  • Dinner:  One of our favorites.  Pan-grilled Pork Chops with Grilled Pineapple Salsa.

Exercise:
  • My usual morning routine
  • 45 minutes on the bike in the garage, with Spinervals 1.0 again.  One of my favorite hard Spinervals workouts.  It just has a little of everything, and really cranks up the heart rate.
  • 20 minutes on the elliptical with a strength interval program, watching episode 3 of "Undeclared".

Today's weigh-in:  209.4

Hey look!  I've lost enough that I decided to move my chart up a little bit.  Now it shows a range of 190-230 lbs, instead of 200-240 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!