Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 20

Back to Lifetime today, but didn't get much of a workout.  Lisa and I had consultations at 11am, so we dropped off the kids at the kids room and went to our separate fitness consultations.  This was basically a discussion with a gym-person where we discussed our current day-to-day routines, diet, any current exercising we do, fitness goals, etc.  Then they talk about what Lifetime Fitness can offer to help us, from different equipment, fitness programs, personal training, health testing, nutrition information, etc.  They also offer metabolic/endurance testing, which I'd like to look into at some point.

After the consultation, we only had a short time before we had to pick up the kiddos from the child care center.  I went down to the pool to swim some laps, but unfortunately, a swim class was going on.  I had to wait about 10 minutes for them to finish, then had a few minutes before we had to get the kids.  I only managed to get in 3 laps today, but that was plenty for me.  Swimming is much harder work than I thought.  I'm used to being able to be on an elliptical or a bike for 45 minutes or an hour, and not really have any problems, but 10 minutes in the pool just kills me.  But I managed to have a nice cool down in the leisure pool, playing with the kids.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  We ended up at Lifetime way past lunch so we decided to just eat there.  I had a southwest chicken wrap at the Lifetime Café.
  • Dinner:  Well, this was interesting.  We'd been cooking a Smoky Chipotle Steak Stew in the crockpot all day.  But somehow we misread the recipe and instead of adding "1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, from a 7 oz can", we added "1 7 oz can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce". Needless to say, the stew was so spicy it was practically inedible.  So, while it was pretty good, I was barely able to eat any of it.

Exercise:
  • My usual morning routine.
  • 3 laps in the pool at Lifetime Fitness
  • 40 minutes on the bike trainer in the garage, watching the end of Bronson.  Wow, that was a great movie.  Looking forward to getting my replacement speed/cadence sensor from Garmin so I can start doing the Spinervals videos again.
  • 20 minutes on the elliptical, watching episode 2 of Undeclared.

Today's weigh-in: 211.8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!