Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 9 - Ouch

Started having a little pain in my right achilles tendon today.  Probably from running too hard on the elliptical.  Being overweight certainly can't help.  Going to try to focus a little more on the bike, and a little less on the elliptical for a bit.  I read through a few web sites on achilles pain and tendonitis.  They had some good suggestions, so I'm going to work on stretching a bit more and stressing it a bit less.

It sounds like I may have the opportunity to get a membership to Lifetime Fitness nearby.  I may look into adding some swimming to my repertoire, which would allow me to get a cardio workout without straining my joints.  Between this new achilles pain, and a couple somewhat-bad knees, lower impact is better.

Today's info:
Breakfast:  Fruit/protein smoothie
Lunch:  Protein bar while driving to a meeting
Dinner:  Pasta and veggies

Exercise:  My usual morning routine.  Nothing at lunch today, since I spent my lunch hour driving to a meeting.  But after my meeting, I came home instead of going back to work, and managed to squeeze in a 35-minute ride on the trainer before picking up the kids.  Then another 30 minutes after dinner.  Nothing on the elliptical tonight.  I did finish watching Project Nim, though.  Fascinating and disturbing documentary.

Today's weigh-in:  217.6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!