Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 17 - Cheesesteak and disappointment

Frustrated right now.  Was out in the garage riding my trainer, working out with Spinervals 1.0 again.  Looked down and noticed I wasn't getting any reading on my speedometer.  I hopped off the bike to take a look and everything was connected properly.  I messed with the placement a little bit, reset the sensor, changed the battery, but no luck.  The cadence sensor was reading properly, but the speed sensor wasn't registering anything.  I just contacted Garmin for repair or replacement.  That really annoyed me.  I ended up just getting off the bike and coming inside to type this post, only about 22 minutes into my 45 minute ride.

On a brighter note, I can talk about intermediate milestones.  One of the things I love dearly, and is probably a big part of the reason I need to lose this weight in the first place, is the delicious cheesesteak place near my office.  I used to eat there all the time, but haven't been there since before my Christmas vacation.  I decided when I started this training program that every time I hit another 10 lb. milestone, I will treat myself to a cheesesteak lunch.  I started at 226 lbs, so I was due for a cheesesteak at 216 lbs, which I hit a couple days ago.  Unfortunately, I had to eat lunch on the road yesterday, due to some meetings.  So, I got to enjoy my cheesesteak lunch today.  And it was fantastic.  Looking forward to hitting 206 lbs.

Given my big unhealthy lunch today and my not-really-a-workout tonight, I'm expecting  to have put on some weight today.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Cheesesteak, fries and a Dr. Pepper.  Soooooo goooooood.
  • Dinner:  Spicy chicken peanut wrap

Exercise:
  • My usual morning routine
  • The first 22 minutes of Spinervals 1.0.

Today's weigh-in:  214.8

So, it went up a little, but certainly wasn't as bad as I expected.  I'm content with that, I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!