Monday, May 13, 2013

Back on the bike

It's not much, but I managed to get back on the bike today, for a ride during lunch.  I really need to make this a regular ride, but work tends to get in the way a bit.  Tomorrow, I have a lunch seminar that I really don't want to miss, so no lunchtime ride.  But I should be able to ride some more this week.

This evening, my daughter had gymnastics practice.  I had planned to do some running during her practice, but my wife didn't get home from work in time, so I had to bring my son with me.  Since he was tagging along, I wasn't able to run around the neighborhood like I'd planned.  But I was dressed for a run, so I decided to pay the $2.50 to use the fitness room.  I was able to run on their treadmill a but, and then used the rowing machine, while my son played on some of the equipment.  Most of the equipment is really old, half-broken crap, but the treadmill is ok.  The rowing machine is old and cheap, but usable.  The stairmaster, elliptical and bike are pretty much worthless, so I avoided those today.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar after my ride
  • Dinner:  With gymnastics tonight, our schedule was thrown off a bit, so we just stopped at Wendy's again on the way back.  I opted for the Caesar salad, and had them use their grilled chicken instead of their standard fried chicken.

Exercise:
  • 20 mile bike ride during lunch
  • 30 minute treadmill run, alternating 4 minutes at 5 mph,  and 1 minute at 9 mph.
  • 15 minutes on the rowing machine



Today's weigh-in:  180.2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!