Sunday, May 5, 2013

Nice ride today

Managed to get in a nice ride today.  It was pretty chilly, but the ride was good.  It was close to 50 miles, and I got in a couple good climbs.  I rode with my friend Dale, and we tackled The Wall from the classic Morgul Bismark route, and then headed over to the climb up to the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR).  In between, we ran into a bike race and had to take a detour from our planned route.  The race was called The Koppenberg, and includes a couple miles of dirt road, and a pretty serious climb, especially for a road bike.  Here is a video of this section from back in 2010.  Dale and I ended up having to climb this today, which was definitely not expected.


NCAR.  A nice climb up from Boulder, and just a really cool place.

I really crushed the climb up The Wall today.  A couple weeks ago, I rode it in 7:16.  Today was 5:43.  Awesome.  On Strava, this puts me into 228th place out of 1,199 riders.  Hopefully I can improve that a little bit this season, once I get a little stronger, and especially when I'm dressed for warmer weather.

After the ride today, we had to get read for the Lions Club Relays.  This is a local elementary school event, with all the elementary schools in the district competing against each other.  My daughter raced for the 3rd grade girls.  She did awesome.

Awesome.
Got some rain in the forecast this week.  That's going to screw up my lunchtime rides . . . again.  Kind of annoying.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Grabbed one of those new flatbread sandwiches from Wendy's on my way home from my bike ride.
  • Dinner:  Pork chops and broccoli
  • Dessert:  We went out to Yogurt Yum! to celebrate my daughter's performance in the relay.

Exercise:
  • 46 mile ride, 2,500' of elevation gain.  Felt great.


Today's weigh-in:  183.2



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!