Sunday, May 19, 2013

Trying to figure out how to train

Again, trying with one hand, so just a short post.

Slept in today, did some cleaning around the house.  After lunch, I convinced the family to go for a bike ride while I ran.  Same route we did last weekend, but this time my wife came with us, too.  If I can't ride or swim, I guess I need to run.

After dinner, I decided to try to get back on the trainer.  I knew I wouldn't be able to shift gears, so I wouldn't be able to do my normal workouts, which involve a lot of shifting.  Instead, I just watched a movie, and shifted only my front chainring between the big and small ring (I only need my left hand for this.).  I left the rear cassette right in the middle, which is a nice easy gear in the small front chainring, and reasonably difficult when using the big chainring.  It wasn't a spectacular workout, but it was ok, and I burned a few calories.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie.  Lisa had to make it, since I realized I couldn't prepare the avocado.
  • Lunch:  Steak fajita burrito from Chipotle again.  Yum.
  • Dinner:  Steak pinwheel thing.  Stuffed with parmesan, spinach and garlic butter.  Also some broccoli and a tossed salad.

Exercise:
  • 3.4 mile run around the neighborhood.
  • 1-hour ride on the trainer, watching Hugo on Netflix.



Today's weigh-in: 180.6.  I feel a lot better about that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!