Thursday, May 16, 2013

Buying some new clothes!

I've recently decided I needed to get some new clothes.  Typically, I have L and XL shirts, and my pants have a 36" waist.  I needed to get some short sleeve shirts to wear to work, and some new shorts.  So, I stopped by Kohls on the way home from work, intending to get some new Large shirts and some 36" shorts.  After trying on a bunch of stuff, I was thrilled to go home with some Medium shirts and 34" shorts.  Holy cow!  I haven't worn clothes that small in many, many years.  I'm pretty excited right now.

I had some meetings out of the office this morning, and got back to work in the middle of my normal lunch hour.  Instead of just slacking and taking a short lunch, I still took my hour bike ride, just a little later than usual.  And I was pretty happy with my ride today.  My average speed was 18.8 mph, which is my highest average speed for any of my lunchtime rides I've done this year.  For a typical bike ride, it's not all that fast, but I think it's pretty good for a mountain bike.  I think I can attribute my speed today to listening to my "Rockin'" Pandora station, instead of my usual podcasts.  I've run out of podcast episodes for now, so figured I'd listen to some Metallica, Tool and Alice in Chains, among others.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar after my ride
  • Dinner:  We ran out to run some errands when we got back from work, and decided to go out to dinner.  Went to Chili's.  It was totally yummy, but seriously not good for losing weight.  Big Mouth Bites, fries, and a soft-pretzel appetizer.  And Coke.

Exercise:
  • 17 mile ride at lunch


Today's weigh-in:  178.2



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!