Friday, May 3, 2013

Nicer weather on the way

Lots of snow yesterday, but sunny and warmer today. Unfortunately, that meant that the trails were going to be covered with melting snow, which doesn't make for a great lunchtime bike ride. So, instead of riding today, I used my lunch break to make a quick run to Performance Bike and pick up a couple things.

After my ride last weekend, I got some good ideas from the other riders. First was a top - tube storage bag. This is a little pouch that lives on the top tube right behind the handlebars, giving me quick access to my food, rather than trying to grab stuff from a back jersey pocket. I am hoping this will encourage me to eat more while I'm riding.

This is the top-tube bag I bought.


I also picked up some sun sleeves. These are kind of like arm warmers that I wear in cold weather, but are white and a different material, helping to keep me cooler during long rides on hot, sunny days, without having to lather on the sunblock. I'm looking forward to trying both of these out, and seeing if they improve my overall comfort on long rides.

And here are the sun sleeves.  No, that's not me.  Just a random picture from the internet.


Since I didn't ride during lunch, I wanted to get in some kind of workout. So, after dinner I went out for a 3.2 mile run around the neighborhood. I was feeling pretty good. At the time I'm typing this, I haven't uploaded my run into the computer, so I am not sure how I did, but I felt like I was running faster than earlier runs.

The 10-day forecast looks pretty good, so I am looking forward to getting in a lot of riding and running over the next couple weeks.  Can't wait.

Food:
  • Breakfast: Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch: Protein bar in the car on the way to the bike shop
  • Dinner: Steak, broccoli and some watermelon. Yum.

Exercise:
  • 3.2 mile run around the neighborhood.  Pretty happy.  Now that I've uploaded everything to the computer, I see that I managed to get my personal records for 1k, 5k, 1 mile and 2 miles.  My Garmin Connect report is below, but doesn't show that info.  Strava tracks my records, and you can find that HERE.



Today's weigh-in: 184.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!