Saturday, May 25, 2013

Beginning of the weekend

A somewhat active day today, despite my broken arm.  Today started with taking the kids to swim lessons at Lifetime.  While there, we noticed that the outdoor pool was filled up and ready to go.  I think it officially opened for the season shortly after we left.  Can't wait to spend some time at the pool!  During their class, I spent about a half-hour on a spin bike, following along with an audio version of a Spinervals workout that I received when I signed up for my Spinervals membership.  It was ok, but certainly not as good as one of their video workouts.

While at Lifetime, we also picked up some farm-fresh eggs from someone in my wife's class.  Looking forward to some real natural eggs.  I was kind of thrown by the color, though.  Some are kind of bluish-green, and the others were a more typical brown.

It's like Easter!


After that, we had to come home to get the eggs in the fridge, but then ran out to take all my XL shirts to Goodwill.  Yay!

From there, a stop at Qdoba for lunch with the kids, and off to Skate City.  We had my son's birthday party there last weekend, and he got a coupon for free skating for a month.  And we got some coupons good for on skating session for all the other kids that attended the party.  We got way more coupons than kids who attended, so my daughter used one today, and we still have a bunch more.  So we're going to try to get our money's worth out of Skate City.

After Skate City, we came home and decided to go for a run/ride.  I ran while the kids rode their bikes.  I felt pretty good today, and it seemed like I was keeping a pretty good pace.  It was pretty hot, though.  Tomorrow I may try to run early in the morning instead.

Then, home for a bit, and off to Lifetime to drop off the kids for Parent's Night Out.  My wife and I made a quick stop at REI, and had dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery, then did a little shopping.  Buying some new, smaller clothes for me.  Yay again!

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Steak fajita burrito at Qdoba
  • Dinner:  Cajun fish tacos, with a double-serving of broccoli on the side.

Exercise:
  • 30-minutes on a Spin bike at Lifetime during the kids swim lessons.  I did a part of Spinervals Audio 2.0 - MegaWatts. It was kind of weird.  Just Coach Troy talking.  I think you're supposed to do this with other audio in the background.  I guess there was some music in the gym, but I could barely hear it.  It was an ok workout, but the videos are much better.
  • 3.4 mile run around the neighborhood with the kids riding their bikes.




Today's weigh-in:  180.8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!