Friday, May 10, 2013

Ready for the weekend

Yet another quick update today.

I had a meeting out of the office this afternoon, so no lunchtime ride today.  But the meeting was up north, so instead of heading back to work when I was done, I just took a couple hours of sick time and headed home to get the weekend started early.  I grabbed some lunch at Chipotle, then went for a ride, before picking up the kids from school.

Then, this evening was the usual Friday-night trip to Lifetime, so I swam with the kids for about 45 then got in about 15-20 minutes in the lap pool.

My wife has to work on Saturday, which leaves me home with the kids, so I'm not going to get in the big ride I was hoping for.  Then Sunday is Mother's Day, and she didn't sound too keen on me going out for a 5-hour ride, so I'm not sure what kind of riding I'm going to get done.  I think I just need to play it by ear this weekend.

Oh, and here's something interesting.  Last year, I managed 86 hours of activities on Strava, and a little over 1,300 miles, for the entire year.  Currently, for 2013, I already have 113 hours of activity, and almost 1,700 miles.  So, it looks like I am going to be much more prepared for my big rides than I was last year, which is comforting.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Steak fajita burrito at Chipotle
  • Dinner:  Yikes.  Back to Chipotle on the way back from the gym tonight.  Opted for a steak salad this time.

Exercise:
  • 26 mile ride after work.  Did pretty well for having a belly full of burrito.  Got some PR's on a few segments, including 3 top-ten overall placements, which was cool.
  • 700 meters in the lap pool at Lifetime

 

Today's weigh-in:  182.8.  Not bad, considering that includes two trips to Chipotle.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!