Monday, March 11, 2013

End of Week 10 - slowing down...

So, if you've been following this, you will see that I've been stuck in the mid-190s for quite a while.  Having a tough time getting over this hump.  For the past couple weeks, I've been having trouble making time for my regular workouts.  We typically have a lot of stuff going on, and the past few weeks has been even more busy that usual.  I'm really trying to make this all happen, but I just can't seem to keep a regular schedule.  If I'm going to hit my goals, I need to get out of this rut.

I've been skipping both my "regular" morning workouts, and my lunchtime walks recently.  I really need to focus on getting back into those.  They're not really that much, and don't take much time, but I think they do a decent job of keeping me moving throughout the day, instead of just doing a hard evening workout.  Maybe with the weather getting nicer, I can try to get in some good lunchtime bike rides instead of lunchtime walks.  That will require some more coordination, like making sure I have clothes, a bike, and time to take a shower, but I think I can work it out.

Food:
  • Breakfast: Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  This was a crazy weekend, and we didn't have time to go grocery shopping.  I realized today that I was out of protein bars at work.  So, I wandered down the street and got a cheesesteak.  That was totally bad, and I really regret it.  I stopped at the store this evening and loaded up with protein bars so that doesn't happen again.
  • Dinner:  Again, no groceries, no food.  So, when I stopped at the store to get protein bars tonight, I picked up some pre-made stuffed chicken breasts at the deli counter.  Stuffed with spinach and roasted red peppers, and they were delicious.

Exercise:
  • 60 minutes on the trainer.  This time, I tried Spinervals 24.0 - HILLacious for the first time.  I really liked it.  It's basically three different hill sets.  The first simulated a long, steady low-grade climb, the second simulated rolling hills, and the last set simulated short, steep climbs.  This was a tough workout, and really got my heart rate going.  Awesome.  Strava report HERE.


Today's weigh-in: 195.8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!