Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Week 10 - Day 2

Quick one today.  Family came into town, so tonight got a little crazy.  But I was able to get in a workout this afternoon.

Today's ride was Spinervals 38.0 - Technique and Power.  This was the first time I'd done this particular video, and I really liked it.  The "technique" portion of the workout included high cadence spins while trying to keep the upper-body still while focusing on a smooth pedal stroke, a mix of sitting and standing, and some one-leg drills.  The "power" section of the workout happens at the end, and includes six 15-second spins at a really high gear-inch and a really high cadence.  Basically going all-out, 100% for 15 seconds, six times, with a one minute break in between.  Trust me, it's a whole lot harder than it sounds.

Food:
  • Breakfast: Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar at my desk
  • Dinner:  Steak salad at Chipotle

Exercise:

Today's weigh-in: 193.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!