Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 9 - Day 6 - Snowshoeing

Today, the kids had their first-ever ski lessons.  We decided to go to Eldora Mountain.  This allowed us to go to a nice little mountain while staying off the I-70 corridor.  It went really well.  The kids did great, and their all-day lesson gave my wife and I time to do something ourselves. 

My wife doesn't ski, so we decided to snowshoe at the Eldora Nordic Center.  They have a number of ski and snowshoe trails there, and we decided to do the Lakes Loop.  Not sure how long it is, but I would guess it's about 3 miles.  I forgot my Garmin in the car, but I remembered I could use Strava on my phone.  Which is great when it doesn't kill the battery, which it did.  It only recorded a little over a mile of our hike.

Next to a small lake along the Lakes Loop Trail at the Eldora Nordic Center.  The wind today was absolutely insane, so I had a little balaclava action going on.  I'm wearing a pretty cool hat from a Colorado company called Loki.  This was my first time really using this hat, and I loved it. 

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Burger, fries at the Eldora lodge
  • Dinner:  We didn't have anything ready, and we were starving when we got back from skiing and snowshoeing, so we just picked up some pizza from Papa Murphy's.

Exercise:
  • Snowshoeing for about 3 hours at Eldora.  Not a very difficult trail, though.  I wasn't working very hard.

Today's weigh-in: 198.0. Yikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!