Friday, March 8, 2013

Week 10 - Day 4 - Storm's a-comin'

Another day of not being on the bike.  Today, I left work a little late and had to get home for my wife's class at Lifetime.  My mom-in-law is in town for a few days, so she actually took the kids swimming while my wife was in class.  That left me an hour to work out.  So, I ended up doing about 40 minutes on one of their bikes, followed by working on two different types of elliptical machines.  I should be back on my own bike tomorrow....

But even though it's the weekend, I'll probably end up in the garage again.  Apparently, there's a big storm blowing in tonight, and we are supposed to get a significant amount of snow.  I think it's supposed to snow pretty much all weekend.  We'll see.

Tomorrow night, my wife and I are going to the Beaux Arts Ball, a fundraiser for National Jewish Health.  It's a big fancy society event, and certainly not something we really have any business attending.  It's a black tie event, so we need to get all dressed up.  Picking up my tux in the morning.  We went last year, and although this isn't really our type of thing, I had fun anyway.

Food:
  • Breakfast: Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar in the car on the way to a meeting
  • Dinner: We didn't get to eat before the gym tonight, so we ended up just grabbing something in their café when we were done.  I had a "Super Caesar Salad" and some water.  I'm not sure how to can call something any kind of a caesar salad when it doesn't have anything resembling caesar dressing on it.

Exercise:
  • 40 minutes on an stationary bike at Lifetime.  Basically did a heart-rate focused aerobic workout.  I think I spent most of my time trying to figure out how to program the bike.
  • 15 minutes on my usual elliptical machine, again doing a heart rate workout.
  • 5 minutes on a different kind of elliptical to see how it worked.  Overall, I burned about 700 calories tonight.


Today's weigh-in:  193.6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!