Friday, March 29, 2013

Week 13 - Day 4 - Feel kind of crappy

I've been fighting a cold for about a week, and it moved down into my chest in the last few days.  I spend most of the day coughing, which is annoying.  Since we were at Lifetime last night, I didn't get a ride in, so I needed to get on the trainer tonight.  I was due for an anaerobic-type workout, so I opted for Spinervals 3.0 - Suffer-o-rama again.  I started ok, but basically fell apart pretty quickly.  My upper chest really started to hurt and I was just out-of-sorts.  So, I finished the workout, but at a much lower intensity than usual.  When I compare today's ride to the last time I did this same ride, the results are pretty disappointing.  Today, I didn't ride as fast, or as fast, or burn as many calories as I did about 2 weeks ago on this ride.  Ugh.

Hopefully, this cold clears up and I'm back to normal soon.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar in the car
  • Dinner:  Went out for chinese food.  Had some chicken fried rice, beef and broccoli, and some mongolian beef.  A little of each.

Exercise:
  • 50 minutes on the trainer.  Spinervals 3.0 - Suffer-o-rama.  The results tonight were pretty disappointing.  Strava report HERE and Garmin Connect HERE.
If I weigh more today, I'm going to blame it on the pounds of snot that seem to keep pouring out of my nose.
 
Today's weigh-in:  191.4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!