Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week 11 - Day 5 - Another great day, but not outside...

We've had beautiful weather for the last couple days.  70+ degrees and sunny.  I was looking forward  to more beautiful weather this weekend, but the weather turned a bit today.  A little cooler, and cloudier, but still would have been a nice day to ride.  But once again, life got in the way, and I ended up going out and running some errands.  And tomorrow, I'm taking the kids skiing again, so I had to get a bunch of stuff done around the house today.  So instead of riding outside, I ended up on the trainer again.

I would always rather be riding outside, but truthfully, I get a much better workout indoors.  Riding on the trainer is very specific and focused, and gives me a solid workout in a minimal amount of time.  And today was no exception.  I managed to squeeze in a new Spinervals workout:  Spinervals 31.0 - Endurance Booster.  This was a pretty tough "aerobic endurance" workout.  This is basically a Zone 3 workout.  My usual "aerobic" workouts are Zone 2, which is a nice recovery and fat-burning workout.  Once you add "endurance" into the mix, it gets a lot harder.  With the shift from extended time in Zone 2 to extended time in Zone 3, the difficulty seriously ramps up.  This was definitely a calorie-burner.  The workout is 1 hour 45 minute long, and most of that time should be spent in Zone 3, with very little rest.

Tomorrow should be a fairly easy recovery or aerobic day, but we'll see what happens.  Since we're heading up skiing, I'm not sure how much time I'll have to work out, and skiing with the kids won't be much of a workout.  They're brand new at skiing, so this is really going to be an instruction day for them.  Fun for me, but not really exercise.

Food:
  • Breakfast: Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Chipotle steak salad
  • Dinner:  Tonight was a night out.  Went to CB & Potts and had a buffalo chicken salad.

Exercise:
  • 1 hr 45 min on the trainer.  Spinervals 31.0 - Endurance Booster.  Strava report HERE.

Today's weigh-in:  192.8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!