Sunday, March 17, 2013

Week 11 - Day 6 - Skiing, kind of

Today was supposed to be an aerobic/recovery day, mostly because I was going to be skiing with my kids.  Unfortunately, that didn't work out quite the way I planned.  Probably because of the altitude, my son puked all over my car just a couple exits from the ski resort, and my daughter got sick after skiing for a little over an hour.  So, a somewhat unsuccessful and painfully expensive short day on the slopes.  But for the short time we were out there, the kids did great.  I can't wait to ski with them again, although I don't know if we'll have time again this season.

A snowy day at Loveland, and my kids' first time on a ski lift.

After the short day of skiing, we came home and I had to spend a good chunk of the rest of the day trying to get my car clean.  So, once again, no time for a ride.  Probably for the best, since it started to get incredibly windy out, and that's never fun to ride in.

I'm taking my mountain bike to work tomorrow, and plan to get in some riding during lunch.  I'll keep the road bike at home for evening training and weekend rides.  Looking forward to getting in some outdoor riding.


Food:
  • Breakfast:  Bowl of Special K
  • Lunch:  Protein bar.  Just didn't feel like dealing with anything else.
  • Dinner: Pan-Grilled Chicken with Chorizo Confetti, green beans.  That was an absolutely delicious dinner.  I love chorizo.

Exercise:
  • None, unfortunately.

Today's weigh-in:  191.8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!