Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week 10 - Day 6 - Tough day

Last night, my wife and I attended the Beaux Arts Ball, a benefit event for National Jewish Health.  We had a great time, with a lot of schmoozing, eating, dancing, and definitely too much drinking.  I managed to get in a workout yesterday afternoon before we left, which was good, since I didn't do anything today.

The Ball took place at the Hyatt Regency downtown, and we decided to spend the night there instead of driving home.  While this seemed like the right idea, it definitely opened up the possibility to drink a little more than we would otherwise.  And we certainly did.
At the ball!

This made today a bit rough.  Got up late, had to deal with a time change, try to recover from last night's party, and get some errands done.  I wasn't feeling like working out, and didn't really have the time anyway.  Plus, I had to get in a few games of UNO with the kiddos, and some serious Wii Fit competition.  My daughter and I had a serious battle going on in the Super Hula Hoop event on Wii Fit.  I really needed to get in a workout, but it just didn't happen.

Yesterday's food:
  • Breakfast: Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar
  • Dinner: Yummy.  Fancy dinner at the ball.  Sea bass, osso bucco (veal), veggies and risotto.  Along with a lot of wine.
  • Snacks:  Stopped at the hotel bar while we were waiting for the ball to start.  Got some nachos with pulled buffalo meat.  And wine.  And beer.

Yesterday's exercise:
  • My morning routine again.  Been a while since I've done that.
  • 80 minute ride on the trainer.  Spinervals 17.0 Aero Base Builder II.  I looked back through my previous ride reports, and it looks like I've only done this workout one other time in the past few months.  And yesterday, I rode more miles with fewer calories in the same amount of time, which must be good.  Strava report HERE.

Today's food:
  • Breakfast: None
  • Lunch:  Steak burrito at Chipotle while I was running some errands.
  • Dinner: We've been so busy, and haven't had time to do a regular grocery trip for two weekends now.  So, we didn't have anything good for dinner.  Decided to get Smashburger.   Bacon cheeseburger and fries.  But I had water instead of a Coke, so that has to count for something, right?

Today's exercise:
  • None.  Unless you count playing some Wii Fit.

Today's weigh-in:  196.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!