Thursday, March 7, 2013

Week 10 - Day 3 - Ski Day!

Not sure if I would call this exercise . . . It was definitely better than sitting at a desk all day.  Today, my company sponsored an office ski trip to Loveland Ski Area.  I haven't skied in probably 10 years, and have never been to Loveland.  I had a great time, and am looking forward to hitting the slopes again soon.  I forgot how fun it was.

View from the top of one of the lifts.

A bunch of us from work, on one of the last runs of the day.

Self-portrait
Basically, that's all I did today.  When I finally got back home, I was too tired to work out.

Food:
  • Breakfast: Special K and a protein bar
  • Lunch: Burger, Fritos and a Vitamin Water at the ski resort.
  • Dinner: When I called home to let them know I was back in town from the ski trip, they were just heading out to grab some dinner, so I met them there.  I had some kind of spicy fish taco things.
  • Snacks (?):   A couple Fat Tires at the ski resort when we were done for the day.  And a protein bar when we were back on the bus heading to Denver.

Exercise:
  • A full day of skiing.  I decided to throw my Garmin in my pocket to see what it looked like at the end of the day.  Pretty interesting.  Strava report HERE.  Almost 30 miles of moving today, with a max speed of over 36 mph, and almost 17,000 feet up (on the lifts) and 17,000 feet down.

Today's weigh-in:  195.8



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!