Saturday, March 30, 2013

Week 13 - Day 5 - Beautiful day for a ride

Finally.  A nice day during the weekend.  I got to ride outside today instead of in the garage.  Even better, I could tell that all my training in the garage has been working, because I felt great.  I put in basically a 40-mile ride, and was really pushing it the whole time.  I felt really strong.  Thank you, Spinervals!

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie.  Running out of protein.  Need to head to the store to get more.
  • Lunch:  Protein bar before my ride
  • Snacks:  Some mixed nuts during my ride, an apple when I got home.
  • Dinner:  Old Chicago, thin crust pizza

Exercise:
  • 38.2 mile bike ride in the area north of Thornton.  One of my favorite areas to ride.  Fairly quiet country roads.  Straight, without many stops.  My Strava report is HERE and the Garmin Connect report is HERE.
  • Then, after dinner, I decided to go for a quick run.  Not much, just 1.7 miles.  But it felt pretty good.  I definitely prefer biking to running.  I need to pick up the pace a bit, though.  Strava report HERE and Garmin Connect report HERE.

Today's weigh-in:  191.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!