Monday, April 8, 2013

End of Week 14

Another day off the bike.  But that doesn't mean I didn't get any exercise.  I just found out that my daughter's gymnastics place has a fitness room that parents can use during class.  It costs money, but not much.  $2.50 for the hour, and even less if I buy a multi-visit pass.  I decided to spend the $2.50 just to see what kind of equipment they had.  The other bonus is that I actually had a place to hang out during class, since typically all the other seats are full, and I end up having to stand somewhere, and can't see anything.  From the fitness room, I actually had a decent view of the gym, which was nice.  The equipment is pretty terrible.  Kind of beat up old residential-grade stuff, not commercial gym equipment.  But the treadmill seemed pretty new and in decent shape.  The rest of the equipment was pretty sketchy, though

The weather is turning to crap around here.  We're supposed to get about a foot of snow tomorrow, which is just stupid.  It was so nice this weekend, I can't believe the weather is changing this much.  Even this afternoon, the weather was nice.  By the time I was driving home from work, though, the weather started getting a little crazy.  Cloudy, super-windy, and dust blowing everywhere.  The temperature was dropping like a rock, and stuff was blowing all over the road.  To make matters worse, this week is the city's "bulk item pickup" week, so everyone has tons of crap out on the street waiting for the city to pick up the trash.  And it's blowing everywhere.  It's crazy out there.  I can't imagine what it's going to be like covered in snow.

So, the weather change means no outside lunchtime rides, possibly for the rest of the week.  Seems like it might be nice by next weekend, though.  We'll see.  Looks like I'll have to get back on the trainer again for a few days.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Chicken caesar salad
  • Dinner:  Another chicken caesar salad.

Exercise:
  • Working out at Gymnastics Unlimited, during my daughter's class.  15 minutes on the treadmill, 15 minutes on a crappy old Stairmaster, 15 minutes on an even-worse elliptical.  I was going to finish it off with 10 minutes on a rowing machine, but it wasn't working.

Today's weigh-in:  189.6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!