Thursday, April 25, 2013

Week 17 - Day 3 - Take Your Kiddo to Work Day

Today was the annual Take Your Daughters and Sons to Work Day.  I was glad to have the opportunity to bring my son to work with me today.  We had a good time.  I got to show him around the office, let him see some of the projects we do, scope out some cool things like our 3D printer, take him to lunch, and take a walk over to Coors Field.  This also meant I couldn't just go for a lunchtime bike ride, even though the weather was finally fantastic.

Connor doing a little drafting with some old drafting templates I found in my desk.  I don't think I've used these since college.

Outside Coors Field


Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Take Your Child to Work Day turned into Take Your Child to Lunch Day.  Of course, I took him down the street to Cheesesteak Connection.  Couldn't convince him to get a cheesesteak though.  I had a cheesesteak and fries.
  • Dinner:  Pan-roasted salmon and broccoli.

Exercise:
  • 70 minutes on the trainer with Spinervals 41.0 - Ascending Mountains in Leadville, Colorado.  I did this workout one other time, exactly a month ago.  I am kind of disappointed to see I got pretty much the exact same results today.  I would have liked to see a little improvement since the previous workout.  On the plus side, this was a workout video featuring some Lifetime Fitness riders.  Watching the video this time, I actually recognized a few people from riding with the LTF Cycle group the last couple weekends.  That was kind of cool.  Anyway, Garmin report below:



Today' weigh-in:  187.8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!