Sunday, April 28, 2013

Week 17 - Day 6 - Big ride

Serious riding today.  This week's ride with Lifetime Fitness was an 86-mile ride from Lifetime up to Carter Lake near Loveland, and back.  Flat-to-rolling hills for the most part, with a nice climb up to the lake.  I was pretty happy with my ride.  I felt good pretty much the whole time, but with about 10 mile left, I kind of just wanted to be done.  I rode with two other people from LTF, but we really didn't ride together very much, so I kind of rode by myself most of the time.  Later in the season, when more people are riding, I think I'll have more people to ride with.

Self-portrait next to Carter Lake


By the time I got back, I was pretty beat.  I stopped in the Cafe at Lifetime, and got a Vitamin Water, a water and a chicken wrap.  I should have been really hungry, but just couldn't eat.  The drinks were great, but I felt like I would have thrown up if I had eaten anything.  I managed to take a few little bites, but in the end couldn't even finish half of the wrap.  I just relaxed a bit until I started to feel better.  Once I was back to normal, I stopped over at another table where some of riders from today's "C" ride were eating, and chatted with them for a bit.

Looking forward to some more rides with them this season.  Sounds like they will be getting even more challenging.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Mid-ride snack:  Sun chips and a Gatorade at the Carter Lake Marina
  • Lunch:  Half of a southwest chicken wrap, Vitamin Water and a bottle of water.
  • Dinner:  Steak, asparagus and a tossed salad

Exercise:
  • My quick morning workout, just to warm up before my ride
  • 86-mile ride with Lifetime Fitness, from Westminster to Carter Lake and back


Today's weigh-in:  183.2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!