Saturday, April 6, 2013

Week 14 - Day 5 - More riding

Nice day today.  I was happy to have some time for a decent bike ride this morning.  I was able to get out for a few hours before lunch today.  A nice ride north of home, on fairly empty county roads.  I felt pretty good the entire time, and probably could have written a lot harder.  One of the nice things about riding near my house is the long, straight, relatively flat roads.  Unfortunately, I really need to do some climbing.  Hoping to do some rides further west soon, where I can get in some hill-climbing.

After lunch, my daughter wanted to do another run.  But this time she wanted to use her roller skates.  She thought she would be able to go faster than jogging, without getting as tired.  Unfortunately, once we got going, she realized it was going to be a lot harder than she thought.  So I ended up walking with her while she skated.  We cut that part of the run short, and I dropped the kids off back at home.  Once they were home, I continued on with my run, and got in another couple miles.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  I was super-hungry after my ride, so I got a steak fajita burrito from Chipotle.
  • Dinner:  We dropped off the kids at Lifetime Fitness for a Parent's Night Out.  My wife and I headed over to Hacienda Colorado.  I had some steak fajitas.

Exercise:
  • 40+ mile bike ride this morning.  Strava and Garmin Connect.
  • Little run around the neighborhood this afternoon.  About 3 1/2 miles.



Today's weigh-in:  188.6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!