Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Week 14 - Day 2 - Great day!

I managed to get in a lunchtime ride today, along with some time on the elliptical during my kids' swim lessons at Lifetime Fitness.  And the weight just came pouring off today for some reason.

I life being able to get out and ride during lunch, but trying to get changed into bike clothes, get in a decent ride, get back to the office and get showered and changed within an hour makes for a shorter ride than I would like.  I am hoping to shorten my prep time so I can get in a few extra minutes of riding.  And I need to figure out somewhere decent to ride.  From my office, I am really close to the Platte River Trail, and I can easily crank out a decent ride heading north.  It's not the prettiest ride, but the trail is pretty empty up that way, which is nice.  I can really get some speed going without have to weave around too many people.  The other nearby trails, the Platte River heading south, and the Cherry Creek Trail, are both going to be quite a bit more crowded.  Well, definitely the Cherry Creek Trail.  I assume the Platte will be similar.

I'm trying to figure out some decent roads to ride on.  It's definitely quite a bit different from the country roads up near my house.  I have a few ideas, but I don't know if I will have time.  I have my mountain bike at work, which I can't push as fast as my road bike, so the rides will have to be a little shorter.

I'm definitely grateful I work at a bike-friendly office with decent bike parking/storage, and showers.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar when I got back from my bike ride.
  • Dinner:  Tossed salad with some grilled chicken

Exercise:
  • One hour ride at lunch, heading north on the Platte River Trail.  Strava report HERE, and Garmin Connect HERE.
  • 20 minutes on an elliptical while the kids were in swimming lessons.  Listened to an episode of Stuff You Should Know, one of my favorite podcasts.



Today's weigh-in:  186.4.  That's just bonkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!