Saturday, April 27, 2013

Week 17 - Day 5 - Variety!

Fantastic day!  I started the day running about 3 miles with my daughter.  He school is participating in a local 5k run in a few weeks, and her P.E. teacher scheduled a practice run this morning, a few laps around the school.  We had a good time, and she did great!

After that, we headed over to Lifetime Fitness for the kids' swim lessons.  We switched from Wednesday evenings to Saturday mornings.  Looks like there aren't any adult swim lessons on Saturday mornings, so I was able to spend some time in the lap pool, which was nice.

After some lunch, we took my daughter to a friend's birthday party.  While she was at the party, I went for a bike ride with my son.  We rode about 10 1/2 miles to the Adams County Park and back.  He did great, even up the hills on the way home.

Self-portrait while riding



At the park, taking a break




Food:
  • Breakfast:  We were out of frozen fruit, so I didn't make a smoothie this morning.  Went with a bowl of Special K instead.
  • Lunch:  6" Spicy Italian from Subway
  • Dinner:  Night out with the family.  Thin crust pizza from Old Chicago.

Exercise:
  • My "usual" morning routine.  Not very routine any more, but I thought it would be a good warm-up for my daughter and I before our run.
  • Almost 3 mile run with my daughter.  Garmin report below.
  • 750 meters in the lap pool at Lifetime Fitness.
  • 10.5 mile bike ride with my son.  Garmin report below.



Today's weigh-in:  185.4




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!