Friday, April 26, 2013

Week 17 - Day 4 - Awesome weather

Finally, some great weather!  I managed to get in a lunchtime ride today, and looking forward to a great weekend coming up.  Tomorrow, I'm running a practice 5k with my 3rd-grade daughter, as a warm-up for the Cottonwood Classic 5k, put on by the City of Thornton on May 18.  Her P.E. teacher is holding a little practice in the morning.  Looking forward to some fun exercise with my awesome kiddo.  After that, we're heading to swim lessons, and I may be able to squeeze in a little workout, maybe some lap swimming.  On Sunday, I'm heading out for a huge ride with the Lifetime Fitness folk, which should be interesting.  Stay tuned.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar at my desk after my ride
  • Dinner:  Oops.  We skipped swimming at LTF tonight, because we needed to run out an pick up a birthday gift for a party tomorrow.  While we were out, we stopped at Smashburger.  I know they have salads there, but I can't go to Smashburger without getting a Smashburger.  That's just crazy.  BBQ Bacon Smashburger and Smash Fries.  Yum.

Exercise:
  • 60 minute ride during lunch.  My tires were a little low, but the two pumps at work are both Schraeder-only, and I have Presta valves.  I have a little hand pump on my bike, but I didn't feel like spending the time pumping tires instead of riding, so I rode on soft tires.  Still got in a good ride, but my speeds were lower than my previous rides.



Today's weigh-in:  185.0.  Twenty more pounds to go to my goal weight by July 13.  Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!