Monday, April 15, 2013

End of Week 15 - Rest day

Not much to say today, except I'm getting tired of snow.  It's spring.  I want warm weather.  But the weather people were wrong again, and we got completely dumped on today.  We were supposed to start getting a little snow this evening, but not too much.  Instead, we woke up to a little snow this morning, and it just got worse throughout the day.  It's pretty ridiculous.

The last two times they predicted massive snowstorms, all kinds of schools and businesses closed, and nothing happened.  Basically just a dusting.  This time, the weather folks didn't predict this at all, and we got completely slammed, and pretty much everything is still open tomorrow.  I took my daughter to gymnastics tonight, and the roads were a mess.  There is a little hill to get across the bridge over the freeway, and there were cars strewn everywhere.  I managed to weave around a bunch of stuck cars, but I was a little nervous.  Glad I got four new tires last fall, or I probably would have been stuck, too.

The terrible weather meant no riding outside today.  But I made up for it by driving over to Performance Bike and picking up a new cycling jacket.  The jacket I wore this weekend was just a light windbreaker, and didn't do much to keep me warm.  And I bought it when I was about 40 pounds heavier, so it was very big on me.  I may as well have been riding with a kite strapped to my back.  So, I needed to pick up something that was a little more form-fitting.  I picked up the Performance Wind Jacket in red.  It was a snug but comfortable fit, with a soft lining inside, and a good number of pockets.  It felt great in the store, so I'm looking forward to getting out and riding a little bit, to put it through its paces.  But with snow in the forecast for the next few days, I'm not going to manage any outside riding, and I'm not sure I feel like riding indoors.  We'll see.  After getting a good taste of outdoor riding for the season, I am finding it tough to get back on the trainer.

I ate like crap again today.  I started off with a good smoothie this morning, but while I was out shopping during lunch, I wasn't really in the mood for a protein bar, and ended up convincing myself to get a cheesesteak instead.  And tonight was crazy with the weather.  Gymnastics was still on, but Lisa was a little worried about driving to her class at Lifetime, so she stayed home.  Instead of whipping up the salad we planned on, we just ordered a pizza instead.

Probably should have hopped on the trainer tonight, but we had last night's Game of Thrones on the DVR, and I couldn't wait another day.  Holy crap!  I wasn't expecting THAT to happen at the end!

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Cheesesteak and fries.  Damn.  Just couldn't control myself.
  • Dinner:  Pizza.

Exercise:
  • None today.

Today's weigh-in:  192.8



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!