Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week 16 - Day 6

Finally, a nice weekend.  This morning was the Lifetime Fitness Cycle Club season kick-off.  I think there were about 50 or so people, split into three main groups based on how fast you were comfortable riding.  There is an A, B and C group, with A being the fastest.  The A and B groups went out together, which sounds pretty typical for this club. Then they gradually break into the two separate groups throughout the ride.  I stuck with the A/B group, and felt pretty comfortable with them.  There were maybe 5 riders off the front that I wasn't able to keep up with, but I would guess I was close to the back of the A group, or the front of the B group.  We were moving pretty quick, and I think this was my highest average pace for a ride, particularly a ride of this distance, about 30 miles.  Overall, it was a good time.

This afternoon, I was able to get a little more exercise playing some baseball with the kiddos.  We went to the school down the street, and found a couple of the neighbor kids already playing.  We decided to play 2-on-2 baseball, and I was the full-time pitcher.  It turns out I ended up playing about 6 positions, which meant a whole lot of running.  My kids got clobbered by the other kids, but we all had fun anyway.

Oh, and after my bike ride today, my wife called and told me to stop at Macy's and pick up a pressure cooker for dinner tonight.  She mentioned this a few days ago, but she decided that after the pressure-cooker bombs at the Boston Marathon, she though she would get some weird looks or questions going to the store to buy one.  So, she decided to send me instead, apparently.  It seemed weird, but it went off without a hitch.  And dinner ended up pretty good, too.

Food:

Exercise:
  • 30 mile bike ride with the Lifetime Fitness cycle club.



Today's weigh-in:  185.6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!