Thursday, April 18, 2013

Week 16 - Day 3 - Back on the trainer

Well, I've mentioned in the past few days that after riding outside for the last couple weeks, I wasn't really in a mood to sit in a cold garage on my trainer.  But after a few days off, I finally gave in and decided I needed to get some exercise.  So, after dinner, I popped a new Spinervals video onto my tablet, and hopped on the bike.

As a monthly download member of Spinervals, I get a new video file once a month.  A couple days ago, I selected Spinervals 42.0 - Quads on Fire as this month's download.  This is basically an "aerobic endurance" episode, ninety minutes of Zone 3 riding.  Or rather, it's supposed to be Zone 3.  While I was able to spend a good amount of time in Zone 3, I wasn't able to stay there as long as I should have.  And part of the workout should have been at Zone 4, which I was able to do for a very short time, but need to do better.  This will be a good once-a-week workout to really build up my endurance.

The weather should be improving over the next few days, so I'm looking forward to getting outside again.  Stay tuned.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Oops.  Not sure what happened.  I was at work, and it was too cold to really go for a ride or a walk.  So instead of sitting at my desk and eating a protein bar, I opted for a cheesesteak.  I'm weak.  I really need to focus on doing better.  I know with nicer weather, I'll be riding my bike more often, which will help prevent me from going to buy lunch.
  • Dinner:  Chicken breast with tomatillo salsa.

Exercise:



Today's weigh-in:  188.6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!